The 2019 agenda will be announced closer to the event
Keynote Speakers Confirmed:
Mr. Dan Haley, President & Chief Executive Officer, Colorado Oil & Gas Association
Mr. Laird Dyer, Energy Analyst, Energy Consultant
Below is an agenda outline for reference.
Overall Forum Theme: Does Natural Gas Have a Future in California?
- Future Of Natural Gas In California
- Are “carbon fee” policies intended to completely eliminate natural gas from the state energy mix
- What does this mean for the natural gas industry? And for California natural gas consumers
- California SB-100 (100% Clean Energy) – Natural Gas Industry Response
- Are goals achievable? By the deadlines
- Expectations for the natural gas industry in California in the future
- Viability of California Natural Gas Utilities
- Do “carbon fee” policies mean the end for California natural gas distribution utilities
- How will this affect existing natural gas consumers? Long term supply/transportation agreements?
- PG&E bankruptcy – likely outcomes? Is SoCal Gas next?
- Natural Gas Infrastructure Reliability (pipeline, distribution, storage)
- Analysis of recent natural gas infrastructure failures
- Efforts and funding for infrastructure inspection / repair / replacement
- Project plans for expansion / de-bottlenecking; Is peak day capability at risk
- Gas / Electric Infrastructure Coordination
- Are goals for renewables share of powergen achievable without natural gas
- What gas / electric infrastructure changes are required (e.g. battery storage)
- Gas Supply For California and West Region Market
- Gas supply alternatives: in-state; out-of-state
- Expectations for continued supply availability; Viability of long-term agreements
- Gas Demand in California and West Region Market
- Demand forecasts: powergen, industrial, commercial residential
- Demand certainty; Viability of long-term agreements
- Gas Marketing in California and West Region Market
- Expectations for market liquidity and volatility
- Gas supply contract case studies: term, price structures, etc.