Opening Keynote: Creating a Sustainable Energy Future, Together
Click here for details.
How can we best balance the equally important needs of equality, environment, economy, and a truly sustainable energy future?
Panel: The customer is King - Gas Buyer perspectives
Click here for details.
•Industrial and PowerGen end use gas buyers discuss natural gas supply requirements including deliver-ability concerns and rate-able take requirements in support of renewables. Topics of discussion to include:
1. What buying or pricing strategies are you currently employing, for instance, what if any long-term purchases are you making or how are you managing the hedging activities?
2. What are the important issues/challenges for your LDC/company/industry in both the short-term and the long-term? How will your LDC/company/industry meet these challenges?
3. How has the recent low-cost commodity environment impacted expectations of and communications with end-users and regulators?
4. Were there any developments this winter that caused you to look at storage and firm transportation differently? Discuss how and why. What will you do differently to prepare for the winter of 2019/2020 based on low storage injection projections?
5. How have exports to Mexico and LNG Exports impacted the current natural gas market in the West?
6. Are the planned Permian pipeline projects enough to affect the current basis? What do you foresee as a result of the recent pipeline expansion and/or project delays?
7. How are Canadian flows impacting natural gas in the Northwest / West?
8. How has the impact of the Aliso Canyon and SoCal outages affected the region and gas buying in the region?
9. Approximately 40% of the U.S. Coal power plant capacity has shut down since 2010 and this trend doesn’t appear to be changing.
a. Does your company have plans to shut down coal plants and will gas be used to replace this generation?
b. Have other utilities that you transact with shutdown coal and has that changed your gas or power sales with them?
10. Has the growth in renewable power generation impacted your gas demand? If so, how?
11. How do you see utility scale batteries (energy storage) impacting your gas demand – in 2 years, 5 years, 10 years?
12. What factors, other than price, influence your decision to choose one supplier over another?
Mr. Brian Rowe
, Origination/Asset Optimization and Trading East Region, ConocoPhillips